Monday, September 22, 2008

Treasure what you have

My boys usually fall asleep when riding in the car as it is the ONLY time that they are strapped down and unable to be their usual feisty selves, and tonight was no different.  In fact, I find myself occasionally looking forward to the drives and the peace and quiet it brings.

But is it really peace that I am after?  Something my wife said tonight set me thinking...

My boys LOVE dropping in on their grandparents.  They drive them up the wall with their boisterous play but their grandparents love it and look forward to their weekly visits with much anticipation.  In fact, my wife overheard my dad telling my mom one noisy night - "this is what a home should sound like".

Well, my dad's words did set me thinking...

Treasure what you have... don't take love for granted.

No comments: